INVOICES FOR ARTISTS, FREELANCERS +
An employer or person may ask for an invoice to process a payment. An invoice provides employers and people with the invoice number, date, product(s)/service(s), name, price, service and/or processing fee, tax obligations, and payment terms. You can create and reuse a template that aligns with your brand identity.
What to Include:
- Invoice (reference) number
- Logo and Contact Information
- Business Name, Address and/or Contact Information for the business or person you are invoicing
- Product(s)/Service(s) Name (optional: include brief description)
- Price (pay attention to currency)
- Service and/or Processing Fee
- Tax Obligations
- Rate of any discount(s)
- Payment Terms
- Payable To (i.e. Interac Etransfer, Paypal, credit card payment link, etc)
If unsure about Tax Obligations and storing invoices for your taxes in Canada, check out this resource.
EXAMPLES OF INVOICES